The Spring Round of grants will be announced in February 2017.
What is the purpose of the PCLA Opportunity Grant?
The purpose of the Opportunity Grant is to give PCLA Cohorts, and other interested groups from the consoritium, an opportunity to get seed money for promising activities and programs that address one, or more, of the follow principles:
- Cost savings
- Sharing of best practices
- Growing consortial and institution visibility
- Addressing issues and concerns that would benefit from group activity
- Increasing the Liberal Arts Colleges nationally
- Fostering intellectual discussion across consortium campuses
- Increasing operational efficiencies
Ultimately, your proposal for a PCLA Opportunity Grant needs to show a willingness to use the power of collaboration to fulfill both your goals and the mission of the PCLA. The PCLA facilitates and leads collaboration among and within campuses on a variety of initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Promoting improvement of academic offerings
- Offering joint faculty development activities and opportunities
- Managing compliance and risk
- Sharing administrative services
- Collaborating on study abroad
- Sharing library resources
- Enhancing the disparate and diverse cultures of our institutions
Who may apply?
Established Cohorts, or groupings of PCLA staff and/or faculty. There needs to be at least two co-facilitators from different campuses; greater participation from a greater number of campuses will be looked upon favorably. That said, not all PCLA campuses need to be part of a successful grant.
What is the grant amount?
For the Spring 2016 grant cycle, the Board of Presidents have yet to announce the funding cap. Previous rounds have capped individual grants to $10,000. For an updated estimate of available funds, contact the staff of the PCLA.
How do we apply?
For your convenience, you can find a pdf version of the application here.
When would we find out our award status?
Fall submissions will be informed of decisions in late January. Spring submissions will be informed of decisions in late June.